4-H Assistant: Sample Position Announcement
University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service (county name) County 4 H/Youth Development Programs
4 H Program Assistant, 4 H Club Organization and Management
Under the supervision of the County Extension Agents, serve as a member of the county staff team. Accept responsibility for 4 H club organization and management in the county or designated area of the county. Work with other appropriate salaried and volunteer staff. Conduct promotional activities, recruit volunteer leaders and youth and assist groups in organizing 4 H clubs. Provide support and guidance to existing 4 H clubs.
Regular Duties of Job:
- Promote and organize new 4 H clubs, recruit members and volunteer leaders.
- Maintain regular personal contacts with and support local 4 H club organizational leaders.
- Conduct leader orientation meetings.
- Recruit volunteers to conduct educational events and activities.
- Knowledge of community organizations and agencies.
- Ability to plan, conduct and evaluate educational events.
- Oral and written communication skills and organizational and process skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with adults and youth.
- Twelfth grade education required. Some college level work preferred.
- One year experience in youth development programs as a volunteer or salaried staff member.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Possess a valid Kentucky driver's license and insured automobile for business mileage reimbursement.
This position will be open starting or until a suitable applicant is found.
Applications are available at www.uky.edu/ukjobs. Applications are submitted on-line. For more information call (office telephone number).
Deadline for filing application is (date).
Contact: (contact name)
Telephone: (phone number)
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer. The address of the EEO Coordinator of the College of Agriculture is Room C-3, Agriculture Science Center, North, Lexington, Kentucky 40546-0091.